Before getting on to the salary certificate letter, let us know what a salary certificate is. Well, a salary certificate is a document issued by an employer to its employees, on a monthly basis. It is usually sent by the finance team of any organisation through mail or a printed hard copy. A salary certificate can include the information of the employee like the employee’s name, designation, date of joining, number of years he/she has been working, performance in the company and the complete salary structure.
A salary certificate basically is the complete information about an employee’s salary which includes their monthly total earnings, monthly total deductions, their break-ups and a summary of net salary received during the month. But there may be some cases when an employee is required to write a letter to the HR or manager requesting a salary certificate.
What Is a Salary Certificate Letter?
A salary certificate letter is provided by the employer containing details regarding the employee’s salary. It is proof that the person has been working in the company for a particular period. A salary certificate letter is provided by the employer but if it is missed from their end, then the employee can take the responsibility of writing a letter to the HR or the manager requesting them to provide you with the salary certificate.
Salary Certificate Letter: Guidelines and Tips
When written from the Employee’s point of view:
- It is a formal letter and a respectful and polite tone should be used. It should be brief, concise, clear and straightforward.
- The letter should be addressed to the HR, finance manager or the person in charge.
- The employees should state their professional information so that their requests can be processed.
- The employee must mention the reason behind the request for example bank loan application, credit card application, visa application, scholarships,
- Present your sincerity and faithfulness to the organisation. At the end of the letter, the employee must express gratitude toward the recipient.
- If the employee is taking applying for any matter related to the bank then they should provide proper information about the bank in the letter.
- The employee must proofread the letter and make corrections in grammar and punctuation.
When written from the Employers point of view:
- The matter of the letter should be kept brief and straight to the point.
- The letter must include the employee’s ID, branch, department and designation.
- Like any other communication, the salary certificate letter must be correctly dated.
- The tone of the letter/certificate should be highly professional.
- Any kind of informal information about the employee shouldn’t be mentioned.
Salary Certificate Letter from the Employee
Salary Certificate Letter Format 1
This is to certify that Miss Tulika Sharma has been working as the retail head at Reliable Private Limited for the last three years since 20 August 2019. The company is paying a monthly salary of 40,000 and her annual salary will be 5,50,000. During her entire tenure where she was found to be sincere and hard-working.
This letter is being issued at the request of the employee, we hold no accountability on behalf of the letter.
(Table of salary distribution is to be attached here)
Place Holder Name
Salary Certificate Letter Format 2
This is to certify that Mr Ashish Rawat has been working as the IT Head at Naturo Pvt. Ltd. for the last two years (from 5th January, 2020 – Present). He has been serving as a permanent employee of the company and drawing a salary of Rs. 80,000 per month. He has been a hard-working, sincere and dedicated employee.
This letter is being produced at the request of the employee, and we hold no accountability on behalf of the letter.
|Gross Salary (Rs.) 80,000||Deductions (Rs.)|
|Medical Allowance||Other Deductions|
|Others/Misc.||Total Deductions (2)|
|Gross Salary (1)|
|Net Salary (1-2)|
|Net Salary [Enter Amount in words]|
Place Holder Name
To Read more such informative Blogs Click Herehradvosrs4u Blogs
FAQ’s on Salary Certificate Letter
Q1. What is a salary certificate letter?
A salary certificate letter is a document from an employer stating that the employee concerned has been serving in the company for a particular period of time. It is basically the complete information about someone’s salary stating the amount of salary they are earning currently, and the deductions including tax and EPF.
Q2. Why is a salary certificate letter important?
A salary certificate letter is important because it can be used as a proof that you have worked in an organisation. Your further salary increment can be done on the basis of the current salary structure.
Q3. How can I write a salary certificate letter?
You can write a salary certificate letter including the information about the employee like the employee’s name, designation, date of joining, number of years he/she has been working, performance in the company, and the complete salary structure.
Q4. What is the validity period of a salary certificate?
An employee can request a salary certificate every three months, although it’s best to ask for one with a one-year difference.
Do you wish to acquire the wealth, power, and prestige that you always dreamed of? Then this is the book for you. In how to raise your own salary, Napoleon Hill brings to light a blueprint of success. In it are seventeen principles of personal achievement, such as ‘go the extra mile,’ ‘Develop an attractive personality,’ ‘cultivate a creative vision,’ to name a few.